Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 7. Five of your favorite flatwork exercises.

This is an interesting question... I will do my best to answer it and will be answering it in the present (ie with what I think my horse/me would benefit from the most).

1. Serpentine- for one it keeps my horse's attention on me, he isn't sure where I am going next or what lies ahead. I feel that for a young horse this is a great exercise- not only for their balance but also for their brains to keep working and not getting complacent in going around the arena.

2. Straight Lines- I know this sounds crazy but how many people can't keep their horse straight and how many horses don't want to go straight haha!

3. Transitions- w/t, t/c, w/c ect.

4. Speed Control- accelerations and bringing him back, being able to be forward without losing control, composed working trot, normal trot, slow sitting ... you get the point.

5. Relaxing- I think it's important to have some down time with relaxation and fun work.

No comments:

Post a Comment