Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 22- The importance of riding in your life

My friend Lyssette and I were just talking about how in our lives, horses are a need not a want.. where most people would think that they are a want- I don't know where I would be without my horse.

Rather the shopping in my free time I am at the barn...
Rather then sleeping in on Sat I am at the barn...
Rather then relaxing at home after work I am at the barn...
Rather then buying new clothes for myself I buy things for my horse...
Rather then going to the gym I ride...
When I'm stressed and need a break I go up to my horse...
When I don't feel like I can control anything in life I go ride and feel like I have a grasp on life...

You get the point.

Riding is something that had grown apart of my DAILY life over the last almost 20 years... When getting married my husband knew that horse would now be apart of his life and I am thankful- so thankful for his willingness to jump in and embrace my love/hobby/4 legged children.

From my first lessons on Foxy and Adam to my post pregnancy lessons/rides on Henry I have LOVED and enjoyed every minute of riding and hope for 50+ more years of riding!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, as I sit here hecka sore from riding, I realize no matter how i tried to fill my life with other stuff, it always came back to horses. I am glad I found another friend who shares that passion, and has a husband that can hang with mine :)

    ReplyDelete