Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 07- Your favorite ribbon won at a show and why

I would say that to date- my favorite ribbon was when I won my first 1st place ribbon. It was at a schooling show in Watsonville and I was riding a horse named Cappuccino. She was a appy- not appealing to the eye BUT she was as sweet as they come and I had worked so hard to "polish" her up for the shows. It was a WTC- Eq class and Carli, Kristin and I were all in it. Normally the three of us were neck and neck and Kristin always won the under saddle classes because her pony Tinny (Tin Foil) was super fancy. Carli had her own horse and so she had more in the saddle time then I did. My grandma and mom were there to watch and I wanted to do so well. If you have ever been to the Watsonville Fair Ground we were in the Arena that is typically used as a warm up arena over by the fixed stalls. I rode through that class like it was the Olympics- head held high and making sure everything looked perfect!

I'll never forget how proud and excited I was when they called my name, number and horses name....

No comments:

Post a Comment