Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 04- A ride that impacted your life

This is hard to think of one ride ... I wouldn't say that I have had one lately.

Probably one that I can refer to that I will never forget is the one time I rode and showed Lizard. He was a Chestnut super cute horse that my old trainers Marie and Riley had. He was a well seasoned horse who took great care of me. I had worked so hard to get to where I was- as two of my friends who I rode with were my competition. They both had their own horses and I was always fighting an up hill battle- riding different horses at most shows and trying to keep up with them. At this show I wanted to do well and had worked so hard.. finally I had a horse to match my "riding skills." We did great in the show winning first and second in all our classes- I don't remember what exact classes I did but something to the tune of flat (wtc) and some OF classes that were no more then 2 feet tall. Nothing crazy but I was proud and all my hard work paid off. I just remember feeling so great because I had ridden well and my horse had performed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment