Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 01- When and why you started riding

Day 01- When and why you started riding

When I was 8 I wanted to take horse lessons and my parents said that I could if I found a place and got all the details. So I went to the yellow pages and called around to many different barns. I ended up riding with Christine Whitman in Scotts Valley.

Then I moved to Briarcliff Farm in Santa Cruz when Christine moves out of the area.. there i rode with Jill Cole, Benson Caroll and Marie/Riley Wilson.



When I got to highschool it was to much for me to keep riding with Marie and Riley so I ended up just working horses for the equestrian program at my school. It was meant for beginners so they let me come down and ride whatever horses I wanted during my appointed period.

The first two years of college i didn't ride- couldn't afford it... but the second two years i rode on the equestrian team at Baylor University.

After College I took about a year off to get my feet on the ground and then bought Maddy MY FIRST horse... I will forever love that horse more then anything! I rode for a few years on my own here in Livermore because I didn't find any trainers that I liked.


About a year and a half ago I found Irene and I will never go else where! My new horse is Henry and I am excited to work with Irene and have a fab show horse in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment