Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Almost 1 ... for real?!

Tomorrow Bayley will be 1 and Saturday is her party! Lots of pictures will be in order!

One year ago today I was all nerves... I knew I was going into the hospital tonight and was half hoping that I would go into labor on my own but the other half was scared to deal for labor. I didn't eat much but looking back wished I did cause after my C-Section I was SO hungry and they wouldn't let me eat because of my puking... So as the day went on I was more and more in thought of what was about to happen- I was hoping for a baby is 24 hours at most!

8:00 pm we checked in at the hospital... settled into our room, i got hooked up to a million machines and my grandma headed home for the night to rest and watch the dogs. Sean stayed with me and PASSED OUT. I couldn't wake him if my life depended on it! Through the night I didn't sleep much, was a ball of nerves and they decided to start me on petocin... it didn't work and as the night went on they had me move all around trying to mess with Bayley's heart rate. Come to find out every time I had a contraction her heart rate would drop (I didn't know this was going on at the time).

Starting at about 6 am it was all a blur... I remember my grandma showing up, lots of nurses, being really tired and still nervous.

At 7:00 am on the dot they came in and said you are getting a c-section and this is why... this is when they explained that her heart rate was dropping and Dr Olivera is on her way. I really appreciated that my Dr didn't let anything get in the way of Bayley's health. A catheter was inserted (this was the worst part), I was shaved, changed and wheeled to the OR. At this point I was kind of freaking out. They wouldn't let Sean come till I had been prepped. I was shaking uncontrollably and the nurse was so sweet- she gave me a BIG hug and said it's ok hunny I know you are cold ill get you more blankets. I looked at her and as kindly as I could said- I am not cold, I am freaked out :) She smiled and gave me a big bear hug (at this point I was like 190 lbs and she couldn't have been more then 125 lbs).

The anesthesiologist did his thing and I was laid back down. Shortly after this Sean entered and I was feeling numb and the world was great.  I could tell Sean was stressed but I smiled at him and said hi- his face was total surprise and later he told me how random it was that I was so chill, I reminded him that I was drugged haha!

They started and it was SO much pressure and the weirdest feeling but nothing hurt and I knew there would be a baby soon. Bayley was born at 8:00 am on the dot on Feb 8th 2011 and was 8 lb 6 oz. She gave me a super sassy look as they showed her to me. I was in love!

Sean followed her to cut the cord, get cleaned up and checked over.

It was almost 2 hours from when she was born till I saw her- it didn't feel that long. I have never had surgery let alone been in the hospital so the affects of the medication were rough- continual vomiting, feeling really dizzy and like I was going to pass out.

When they brought her to me it was amazing- even though I was bed ridden and couldn't sit up mothering instantly set in. I nursed her and she was a pro (anyone who knows her knows she loves to eat). They let me and Sean keep her for a bit and then took her for more tests. This whole time my mom, dad and grandma had been there waiting to see me and Bayley- I think Rachel had come by too but I never saw her that morning.

After I was a bit more stable they took me back to my new room and we didn't let Bayley leave our sides (except when they had to take her). Once in the room I had some more troubles from the affects of the medicine and they had to give me something to counter that- it took a bit for my body to get back to being ok.

I also made Sean sleep in the bed with me so that I could wake him for help with feedings and diapers - I wasn't able to get up for almost 24 hours and wasn't able to eat anything but broth and jello - I just about died and had to have Sean sneak food to me!

Rachel came every night, my family was there every day, Sean's dad came by, we had other random visitors and were thankful for everyone who came!

Once they told me the more I walked the faster we would get to leave I was a WALKING MACHINE! We left a day earlier then they allotted for us to stay as we were SOOOOO ready to get out in the world!

Obviously this is a quick recap of the day but I think it's the first time I documented it at all ha!

Here is a pic of the little miss as a new born- love it!


Here is one from the other day- she loves her wagon and will climb in and out of it all day if we let her!




Here is one of her at daycare doing and art project...



Here is a family pic of us from Superbowl Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment