Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 18. How do you prepare for a horse show?

RELAX RELAX RELAX!!!! But I am not so good at actually doing this.

This would be for a one day show...

I typically do the following at home:
- Clean my tack
- Pick out my stylish 'fit
- Clean my boots
- Pack my garmet bag, adding an extra pair of sox, breeches and shirt in case needed
- Also pack up all my hair/helmet stuff- including hairnets, bobby pins, hair ties and a shoe lace for my number
- Pack a snack/drink cooler

At the barn I do:
- Wash my horse
- Take appropriate actions to keep horse clean- if it's cold enough slinkies and blankets it is!
- Gather all of the grooming supplies needed, including boots/polo wraps, bathing stuff and towels
- Water buck, blankets (if needed), leg wraps, shipping boots

I am sure I forgot things but that is a basic overview.

No comments:

Post a Comment